S&B Alliance talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Match 1,436,143

4 posters

Go down

Alliance Match 1,436,143 Empty Alliance Match 1,436,143

Post by Liemannen Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:21 am

Surprisingly we all ended up next to each other. Probably the best at start countries we've had since my first match, which was a disaster for unrelated reasons.

Overall strategy: We need to quickly take out Italy and Yugoslavia, if we don't they will be a giant thorn in our side. We also need to ensure America stays isolated. These are my goals:
1. France (Ajacs) should prepare for all out attack on Italy on day 5.
2. Germany (Dirty) go for RoW with Poland. It's a natural buffer between you and Russia, he'll either have to DoW Poland or wait for RoW as well in order to get to you. You have two options to assist with Italy: 1 Invade Austria followed by moves into Italy/Yugoslavia. 2. Go through the Alps (Switzerland), that route leaves Austria as a buffer between you and Yugoslavia. Up to you which route you take, just please send significant forces to assist against Italy.
3. Spain (Me) will build naval assets to thwart US moves to invade Europe and North Africa. I'm currently leaning toward amphibious landings in the Italian boot but may just send reinforcements to France.
4. UK (Lefty) Subs, ships, more of the same. You and I have to keep the US isolated from his allies, and I think you have better naval techs than I. Send what forces you can to assist France against Italy.
5. Sweden (Ice) Subs and ships to control the Baltic. Be prepared to answer Russian aggression in Finland. Germany will probably need your assistance when Russia moves. Of course Russia could always move against you.

If you are taking an AI country on day 5, ensure you do so quickly. Germany is the only one that really needs to take out an AI on day 5, if only to assist against Italy. I'm planning on taking Portugal if only to keep the US from taking it. Lefty is taking Ireland for the same reason. For the same reason, Ice should probably take Norway. Lowland countries are tempting, and might be worth the forces just to give France and Germany a moral bump after the Italian campaign.

Liemannen

View user profile Send private message
Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Alliance Match 1,436,143 Empty Re: Alliance Match 1,436,143

Post by Ajacs Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:12 am

I also agree with Liem's plan and will be implementing ASAP. I wanted to add two things to the list of objectives. First make the Med sea an allied bath tub. Since Italian navy has shown herself we should attack 3(Spain, UK and France) vs 1(Italy) then Turkey followed by Yugo. I'll be building subs and destroyer initially to assist in this objective. Secondly, isolate North Africa from Italy and Yugo. I suspect Turkey will attack Syria-Lebanon then move to take Suez canal and link up with Libya. The key to holding NA is Malta and Tunis, which both France and UK are building IC's. France and Spain are send reinforcements to NA, (Lefty) UK if you could send either 2inf 2LT or some combination of 4 units to NA that would really help to taking Libya and eventually Turkey.

Research: Currently, developing Med tank L2 and Tact Bomber L3. I will be shifting to interceptor L3 and Naval bomber L2 followed by naval to level all class of ships to L3.

Army builds: Due to habit and map glitch I built defensively with ATs, but will be building LT's and Med tanks ASAP. In NA I'm building militia then armor once IC are finished.

Communicate is the key to victory, If each communicate and watch out for each other backs then we can secure a win. Have fun guys!!
Ajacs
Ajacs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtyzilla Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:57 am

Ok, I changed my relations with Poland as soon as I joined in the game, as well as with Hungary and Romania just in case I need to attack Yugo from the side where he would be expecting it less. There is also a third option depending on what you guys think, basically as there is only 2 or so provinces that Yugo can attack me from (if he doesnt get ROW with Hungary, etc. Which is quite possible). So I think that, as Germany starts as a dominant country, Yugo will not be able to break past my defenses. Is is possible that i could allow half or 2/3 of my army holding off Yugo and taking down his unit count, whilst I use the rest to help with the invasion of Italy, thus freeing up France or Spain to assist with Yugo.
If you guys don't need that much help with Italy then I can focus on attacking Yugo, whilst sending some troops to assist. Also depending on whether Russia makes a move on me or on Ice, I will need to react accordingly, maybe moving through Poland to attack Russia if he makes a move for Ice, or vise-versa.
I have a small navy consisting of; 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers, and 1 BS, with 3 subs separate. As Germany is pretty land-locked and my opponents the same, I will be focusing more on ground and air units. If anyone would like my navy to move somewhere or to help with anything just let me know.

Dirtyzilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Liemannen Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:32 pm

I forgot this map has Germany and Yugoslavia already sharing a border. Oops.
Dirty, you can hit Yugo and Italy.  I think concentrating on Yugo is our best bet.  Ajacs and I, with the assistance of Lefty's navy should be able to isolate and take the Italian boot.  If memory serves, Germany has a huge tech advantage over Yugoslavia.
Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Post by iceman604 Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm

As of right now, I am building an IC on every province since i had more then enough resources. After that I am going to be building forts on my border lands. I am also trying to get RoW from Finland. That way I can strike Russia without him knowing. Depending on timing I want to be able to sneak attack with rickets agaisnt any airforce he may have, since rockets always have a greater range over TBs and INTs. I'm not going to bother to take out any AI, because i woudl rather keep them as a buffer, and not waste my men. I will control the Baltic with the help of Germany. Dirty, please get that Naval Bomber on patrol, preferably over my 4 unit navy "G12", so we can spot ANY scout subs from Russia. I will also put intel spies in Finland and Norway to make sure they don't have RoW with anyone else. It may be a good idea for you all to do the same with your border AI nations.
iceman604
iceman604

Back to top Go down

Post by Liemannen Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:17 pm

All,
Opposing alliance just informed me they gave the Italian player the boot. Not sure if he still has access to the game now or not. Keep an eye out for Italian shenanigans if so. Hopefully he won't have access and they can get a replacement player in there just before day 5.
Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Post by Liemannen Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:18 pm

I have spies in all major opponent countries.
Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:25 am

Just so you guys know, if they have given the boot to the player who is playing as Italy, he could still log in. They won`t be able to kick him from the game as well. It is only and if he goes inactive that they will have the chance to replace him, by kicking him from the game for becoming inactive, otherwise he will still be there. There is nothing which they can do about it. The ball is in the feet of the player who is playing as Italy. I hope that this helped guys. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liemannen Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Been a couple days since last update. Here is the sitrep for day 5:
Italy is till controlled by player kicked from opposition alliance. We are watching him planning to attack him last.

Sweden: Initiated offensive actions against Russia Baltic fleet. Destroyed the fleet and proceeded to shell Leningrad. Russia had massed huge army in Leningrad, whereabouts now unknown.
Germany: Began offensive operations against Yugoslavia. Pretty much destroyed Yugo air force in first couple of hours. Currently shelling Yugoslav border Fortress.
France: Fighting defensive actions in the Levant, tying down critical Turk forces. Assisted in the destruction of US fleet near Spain. Beginning amphibious operations against Yugo.
Britain: Assisting in the defense of Levant. Southern battleships greatly helped the destruction of US southern fleet. Lost a large portion of his northern fleet to US northern fleet but ultimately prevailed.
Spain: Sacrificed subs to pin down southern US fleet and troop convoy for destruction. Preparing to embark troops for amphibious operations against Yugoslavia/Turkey.

Great coordination from between Spain, England, and France in dispatching US fleet. Good first day of combat operations.

Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Alliance Match 1,436,143 Empty Day 6: The day Yugoslavia collapsed.

Post by Liemannen Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Day 6 sitrep:
Still no replacement for Italy. I think we will eliminate Italy after the fall of Turkey.

Germany: Took advantage of serious mistake by Yugoslavia. Forced marched troops to occupy evacuated fortress on German border. Yugoslavia did not react fast enough and lost 9 LTs in a counter attack. German forces blitzed through Yugoslav interior taking many provinces including Belgrade. Yugoslavia is out of the fight. Next target should be Turkey, unless RoW with Poland comes active.

France: Held back Turkish offensive. Troop build up continues in the middle east. Amphibious forces landing in Turkey.

England: With the destruction of the US Fleet, the now has options. Should he invade the US or strike at Russia? I will support either move. Continue to build up forces in Syria along with French.

Sweden: Launched a raid on Leningrad since Russia left it completely undefended. Awaiting results. Main Swede army poised the defend and/or strike through Finland as soon as RoW becomes active.

Spain: Redirected Amphibious forces to Turkey. Intent is to take pressure off of Anglo-French defenders in Syria. Next target will be Italy. (Cranking out commandos for operations in the Alps.)

Russian Army location still a mystery. I would expect them to have moved south with the bulk of there forces to reinforce Turkey. Of course they would have to travel through Rumania to get there.

Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Post by Liemannen Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:21 pm

Victory, good job guys. They were handicapped and we took advantage. Thanks for finishing them off while I was out of town.
Liemannen
Liemannen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down